I slowly warming up to cooking with mushrooms. I'm using it in soups and curries these days :). These recipe i found is quick and easy and just used all the spices my mom will use to make her mutton stir fry and i loved it.So thought of documenting it
Mushroom - 2 cup ,sliced (any kind but store brought only please do not forge from your backyard :) )
Pearl Onion /Kooch ulli - 1/4 cup , sliced
Ginger - 1/4 tsp ,chopped
Garlic - 1/4 tsp ,chopped
Curry Leaves - a few
Indian Bay Leaf -1
Cinnamon - 1/2 '' piece
Cloves - 2
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Kerala Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom wide pan .
- Add the bay leaf, cinnamon ,cloves and cardamon and fennel.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the onions and curry leaves and cook till onion turns golden.
- Add turmeric, chili,coriander ,pepper and garam masala powder .
- Add the mushroom and cook for another 3-4 minutes .
- Switch of the flame and garnish with coriander leaves