Summer is Mango season in India and who doesn't like this king of fruits. The first mango to come in the market is sweet and sour "Totaparee" Mango and i love it. One chutney made from raw totaparee mango is one of my goto mango recipe . Here i prepare it with granny smith apple . It goes were well with paratha , puri and even on toast .
Granny Smith Apple - 2 ,gratted
Mustard seed - 1/4 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek/Methi Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1/4 cup , optional
1. Toast 3/4 th of methi seeds and grind it to fine powder.
2. Add oil to the pan and the mustard.
3. When it start poping add remaining methi seeds .
4. When methi turns golden add hing and then chilli powder.
5. Add apple and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Switch off then add the methi powder and remove from flame.
7. Heat 1/4 cup oil and pour over the chutney.
8. Use immediately or store in air tight jar and refrigerate.
9. Tastes better the next day