This simple recipe of my mothers is my most favorite with roti or rice . I can eat is all seven days of week. This curry rice with sambar or mor curry is yummmmy :).
Most of the time Bindi fry turns out to be mushy , the trick is to leave the bindi alone in the frying pan for sometime and then stir occasionally as and when needed. And you will see that each and every piece is cooked properly and separate.
Bindi(Okra ) - 250 gms
Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
Green Chilli - 2
Curry Leaves - 5-6
Salt to taste
Tumeric - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Wash and dry Okra, Cut bindi into small 1/2 inch rounds.
2. Wash onion and chop it into small piece .
3. Wash and slit the chilli in the middle and cut into small pieces.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan(10'' or big ) add onion , chilli, curry leaves,tumeric,salt, okra
and just leave it for 2-3 min.
5. Now lower the temp to lower medium and mix it .
6. It should take 20-25 min for okra to fry properly, but you decide when to stop cooking based on how crispy you want the okra to be.
7. Just before you decide to remove okra from fire add chilli pw and mix well and cook for another minute.