Today my sister asked me for Methi Paratha recipe and that inspired me to write it down.
I love recipes that use methi leaves but the only problem is picking the leaves,its a time consuming job. You can use the tender stems too but for paratha and pulav it is best to you
the leaves only.
Atta /Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Methi Leaves - 1/2 cup washed dried and chopped fine
Green Chilli paste - 1/2 tsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Tumeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Besan (optional) - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/4 to 1/2 cup
salt to taste
1. Mix atta , tumeric, salt ,cumin and 1 tbsp oil(optional) with clean hands.
2. Add chilli paste , methi leaves to atta mixture and mix it well.
3. Now start by adding 1/4 cup of water to the atta and make a dough using more water if needed.
5. Leave the dough to rest of half and hour.
6. Divide the dough into 5 equal parts and make round balls by rolling it between your palms.
7. Now take one ball , press between your palms and make a disc, dip in into dry flour and your rolling pin make a circle appox 6-8 inch in diameter.
8. If you make roti or chappati at home the step 7 is easy.
9. Heat a skillet and cook the Paratha on both sides with little oil on each side as you cook.
7. Serve with fresh curd and pickle.
If you cannot find fresh methi leaves where you live you can use 1 1/2 tbsp of kasuri methi.