For this months blog hop i visited swetha's blog named "our cherished - world".The best part of bloghop is the opportunity to meet new people and see the world of food through that person's eyes .You might have cooked a certain vegetable hundreds of times but then suddenly you will bump on a new way of cooking it. And this happened to me when i saw a new version of coriander chutney in her blog. And i choosed to cook her kothimir-pachadi-coriander-chutney.html and loved it.
Coriander Leaves - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
Whole Red Chili - 2
Tamarind - 1/4 tsp concentrate or a 1/2 inch piece
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add the coriander Seeds, cumin Seeds and dry Red Chillies .
- Saute till coriander seeds turn golden.
- Take it off heat and cool and grind it to a powder..
- In the same pan, add the a tsp oil and add the coriander leaves .
- Fry for a minute and remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Grind it along with the above powder and salt to a paste.
Oil - 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/8 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - a few
Whole Red Chili - 1
Garilc - 1 pod , crushed
- Heat oil and urad dal and when it starts to change color add mustard.
- When mustard starts popping add switch of flame .
- Add curry leaves and red chili and mix and wait for a minute.
- Pour the tempering over the chutney and mix
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
"Blog-Hop-Wednesdays" at tickling palates.