Papaya is a staple vegetable in kerala kitchens and almost everyone will have a papaya plant in their yard :) . It is said to be good for you and is used in a lot of different preparations.Here is one easy recipe.
Raw papaya - 2 cups , grated.
Coconut - 1/4 cup , grated
Green Chili - 2
Pearl Onion - a few , chopped
Curry leaves - a few
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Crush coconut , chili , turmeric and cumin together.
- Heat oil and mustard and let it pop.
- Add the onion and cook till translucent.
- Add the coconut mixture and curry leaves.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the grated papaya and mix well and cover.
- Cook for 3- 4 minutes and add the salt and mix well.
- Cook for another few minutes and you are ready to serve.