Cabbage and potato is the usual combination we all cook at home , my mother used to use raw banana in place of potato and very unusual combo :) but i used to love her twist and now i realize its a much healthier combo.This simple curry goes well with rice and chappati
Raw banana - 1 small , about 1 cup chopped as in pic.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chana dal - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp , crushed
Green Chili - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
Pearl Onion - 6 , chopped
Ginger - 1 tsp , chopped
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste.
- Cook the chopped banana in quarter cup of water with little salt and turmeric .
- When banana is fork tender , drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add chana dal when it turns golden add the mustard and let it pop.
- Add onion , chili and curry leaves and cook till onion is translucent.
- Add the turmeric, cumin , ginger and shredded cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes , uncover and add the cooked banana.
- Mix well and add salt and cook for another few minutes and serve.
Sending it to Winter Vegetables Event at riappyayan.blogspot.com