Chow chow is a very common vegetable in bangalore and cooked in lots of different ways. This is my friend Meera's recipe. When she cuts the vegetable each and every piece is uniform and curry looks very beautiful. I am yet to learn to chop like that from her.
Chow Chow - 2 cups , chopped into small pieces.
Green chili - 2 tsp , chopped
Ginger - 2 tsp , chopped
Curry leaves - a few
Turmeric Powder - 1/8 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 1tbsp
- Heat oil and the urad dal and let it turn golden .
- Add mustard and let it pop.
- Add the hing , ginger and curry leaves.
- Add the turmeric to oil and then the squash.
- Cover and cook for two to three minutes .
- Then uncover mix well and cook till squash is tender.
- Add the salt and mix well and you are ready to serve.
- Goes well with curd rice.
Sending it to healthy-hearty-event