Every body has recipe for pudina chutney and this is my version :) . Spring has brought back lots of pudina in the garden and one weekend a few days ago i was cooking for guests and had planned to make pudina chutney along with a few other things . I was preparing seasoning for some curry but by mistake added the pudina picked for chutney to it. And then thought of grinding pudina with seasoning anyways and see how it tasted . Liked it so thought of documenting it for me and others . Goes well with dosa and paratha. Mix it with some left over rice and it makes a nice lazy day lunch with some chips.
Tomato - 1/2 cup
Green Chili - 3
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Chili Pw - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Pw - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Pw -1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste.
Water - 1 tbsp
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and let it pop.
- Add fenugreek seeds and let it turn golden.
- Add chili pw, turmeric pw, coriander pw and mix well.
- Add tomato and green chilli and cook it covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep mixing and let tomato cook well till oil starts to seperate.
- Add the pudina leaves and switch off the heat.
- Mix well and keep it covered and let it cool.
- Once cooled add salt and water and grind it .
- Transfer it to a bowl and you are ready to serve with dosa or paratha.
- Mix 2 tbsp with a 1/2 cup of cooked rice and serve with chips for a quick lunch.