Thalipeeth is maharastrian version of dosa. I love to make it with cucumber and lauki . Any vegetable which your family does not like can be grated and used here :). Traditionally this dosa is spread by hand on a hot griddle which takes a little practice and gives its trade make ridges on top side.You can spread it with a spoon too by making the batter a little loose by adding water.Today i have used jowar(sorghum) , bajra(pearl millet) and wheat flour but some time use besan , rice or oats flour too.
Jowar (sorgham) flour- 1/4 cup
Bajra(pearl millet) flour - 1/4 cup
Atta (wheat) Flour - 1/2 cup
Vegetable of Choice - 1 1/2 cup grated ( i have used lauki - bottle gourd)
Jeera (cumin )seeds - 1/2 tsp
Til (sesame ) seeds - 1 tbsp (optional)
Green Chili - 1 tsp chopped
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Water - 1/2 cup
- Toast the flour slightly over stove for few minutes .
- In a deep bowl add flours , grated vegetable, chili, jeera, til , turmeric ,salt and 1/4 cup water.
- Mix it well and leave it for at least 30 mins or overnight in the fridge.
- Batter should be cake like , maybe a little thicker than idli batter .
- To get the batter to required consistency mix little water at a time .
- Heat a griddle or tave and dip a tissue in oil and spread a griddle.
- Pour the batter and spread and the batter and sprinkle little oil on top and around.
- Let the pancake cook on onside and flip and cook the other side .
- Enjoy with curd or pickle.
Sending it to
Breatfast Mela at cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com
Kids Delight - Healthy Cooking with fruits and veggies at givemesomespice.blogspot.com