Cabbage Mezhukvaratti /Cabbage Stir Fry

This recipe is perfect for those lazy days when you don't feel like cooking  but at the same time don't want to get dressed to eat out too.I have used cabbage here but it can be replaced with cauliflower or broccoli . Goes well with rice or roti


Cabbage - 2 cups , chopped
Onion - 1/2 cup , chopped
Ginger - 1/2 tsp , chopped fine
Curry Leaves - a few
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste


  1. Heat oil and add mustard seeds and let it pop.
  2. Add onion , curry leaves and ginger.
  3. Cook till onion turns translucent.
  4. Then add turmeric and red chili powder.
  5. Then add the cabbage and salt.
  6. Mix well cover and cook for 2 minutes.
  7. Uncover and cook till cabbage is  done to your taste.
  8. Serve with rice or roti.

35 comments:

  1. I just need plain rice and dal with this stir fry...


    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried stir fry with cabbage, always make thorans..Thhis is a must try for me Nisha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cabbage stir fry!! I find cabbage truly versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curry looks quite tasty,would love to have as an accompaniment with sambar, rice and of course pappadam :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nisha,

    Lovely dish...Great clicks..

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice mezhukupuratti...like it very much...healthy and quick

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple and delicious stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mouthwatering dish with cabage. i have tried a similar dish with beans.picture looks mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy stir fry..never tried a stir fry with cabbage..will surely try this

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dat....if u ask me if i love cabbage i wud say nooo...but give me anythg made of it and i will surely munch it away...dats me....Awesome recipe.
    Biny

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious nisha..i am not great fan of cabbage but its my fav's fav...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Fav..looks so perfect and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pls go and collect ur award from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely and simple stir-fry. I cannot get curry leaves at this time of year, but will try the dish anyway. It sounds delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. hiee...grab ur award frm http://punjabifooddiary.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks really delicious and it sounds easy to do as well. That is a great combination. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Droolworthy cabbage stirfry!!! I thought I left a comment here b4 but it's missing. :(

    I've got an award from U...pls accept it from my blog ya.
    http://love2cook-msia.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-birthday-gift-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. My family loves cabbage..all types of cabbage. Love the colour of your cabbage....looks golden and delicious...yum

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow your cabbage looks so amazing! My husband just love cabbage. I will try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey dear there is an award for you...just tosay thx for all ur support.
    Biny

    ReplyDelete