Palak Paneer is a very popular party recipe. This recipe requires very few ingredients and is quick so can cooked for everyday meal too.
Spinach/Palak - 1 pound
Paneer - 100 gms , cubed
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli -2
Ghee - 3 tbsp
Asafoetida Powder - 1/8 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/8 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/3 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil and deep fry the paneer cubes and drop in salted warm water.
- Pick the spinach leaves , wash and keep aside
- Bring a few cups of water to rolling boil .
- Add spinach and green chili and cook for a minute and drain.
- Coarsely grind the spinach and chili and keep aside.
- Heat ghee and add asafoetida ,turmeric,chili powder .
- Mix and immediately add the spinach and paneer.
- Add garam masala and simmer for five minutes.
- Add salt and remove from fire .
- Serve with jeera rice or roti