I have never cooked so much egg as i have cooked in this three months :) so here is one more of the egg recipe. My mom uses coconut milk but it can be substituted with any milk .The curry leaves and coconut milk gives the gravy a very unique south indian taste.
Egg - 4 boiled and halved
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Tomato - 1/2 cup chopped fine
Ginger -1/2 tsp chopped fine
Curry Leaves - a few
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Chili Pw - 3/4 tsp
Coriander Pw - 1/2 tsp
Kerala Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Coconut Milk - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves for garnish
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Take a sauce pan and keep egg in one single layer.
2. Cover with water and bring it to boil.
3. Remove from flame and cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Once cooled peel the shell and cut into half.
5. Heat oil and mustard seeds and let it pop.
6. Add curry leaves ,ginger and onion and cook till onion is translucent.
7. Add turmeric, chili , coriander and salt.
8. Add tomato , mix well and cover and cook.
9. When oil starts to separate add garam masala.
10. Drop the keep halves and simmer for 3 minutes.
11. Now add the coconut milk and switch of the flame.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.