Egg is something that is versatile can be cooked for any meal of the day. I love it for breakfast lunch or dinner . And always comes to rescue when you don't have any other vegetables on hand. My mom used to make this recipe for us with chapatti when we used to travel . And now i cook this up for picnics. The yolk mixes with the onion and spices and makes a very yummy masala for boiled egg whites.
Egg - 6 boiled and cut into four pieces length wise
Onion - 1 cup , sliced thin
Ginger - 1 '' , cut into thin strips
Garlic - 6 , cut into thin strips
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp , crushed well
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Kerala Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil and add onion and cook till onion turns translucent.
2. Add ginger and garlic and cook till onion turns golden.
3. Add fennel , turmeric , chili , coriander and mix well for few seconds.
4. Add the boiled egg and garam masala and mix well light handedly.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.