Kale is something that my family don't like yet so i keep trying new recipes . Just yesterday i had some of it lying in the fridge and thought of cooking it in Maharastrian style with besan and everyone seems to have liked it because they ate without any complaints. If you ask me i myself don't like besan much :) .But since everybody else liked it i thought of recording the recipe .So here is my version of junka.
Hot Green Chilli - 4 , chopped fine
Onion - 1 cup , chopped fine
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Besan / Chickpea flour - 4 tbsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Pw - 1 tsp
Amchur Pw -1 tsp
Cumin Seeds -1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Cook kale with salt ,green chilli and turmeric till tender.
2. Drain and keep aside. (I pressure cook kale with no water)
2. Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Let it crackle.
3. Add onion , ginger garlic paste and cook .
4. When onion turns translucent add besan and keep stirring.
5. Cook besan till the raw smell vanishes.
6. Add chilli pw and add amchur and mix well.
7. Add kale and cook mixing now and then till mixture turns to crumble.