Its been a little while that i have posted something. we went on a vacation and had a party to plan immediately after coming back both vacation and party was lots of fun and bit tiring at the same time now i'm getting back to normal :) .
Butter - 1 cup
AP Flour - 2 cups
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Vanilla - 1 tbsp
Strawberry Jam - 1/3 cup
- Brown the butter by melting carefully to golden brown and cool it to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 325 F
- Mix flour and soda together.
- Combine the cooled butter ,sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and stir until evenly mixed .
- Add the flour and mix to form a dough
- Shape the cookies by placing about 1 teaspoon into the bowl of the spoon , pressing against the side of the bowl ,levelling the top. Press the cookies flat side down onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 -13 minutes until the sides turn lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2 min and remove on to a wire rack.
- When cookies are cool ,spread a scant 1/2 tsp of jam on the flat side of one cookies. Make a sandwich by pressing the flat side of a second cookie onto the jam. Sprinke the sandwiches with confectioner sugar.
Sending this to Srivalli' event : kids-delight