Thisis my go to recipe whenever i have leftover paneer from a recipe. This sandwich tastes very good with homemade paneer too and the crumbly texture of homemade paneer is best suited for this . You can even add any vegetables you like but tastes best with just paneer . Makes a good after school snack for kids or evening tea time snack.
Paneer - 1 cup, crumbled or gratted
Onion - 1/2 cup, chopped fine
Green Chilli - 2 tsp, chopped fine
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped fine
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Bread Slices - 8
Butter /Oilve oil to brush
- Heat oil , add onion ,green chilli to oil and cook till onion turns translucent.
- Add paneer , salt and pepper and cook for just a minute.
- Remove from flame and add coriander leaves and let it cool
- Butter breads on both sides or Brush olive oil on both sides of bread.
- Take slice place a layer of paneer mixture and cover it with another slice.
- Use your sandwich maker to make sandwich .
- Or use a griddle : Place bread on griddle.
- Pressing down the bread with weight and cooking side.
- Repeat on other side too.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee.
I'm sending this to the WYF : Tea time snack hosted at Simple Indian Food.