Farmers market is full of all kinds of pepper. Pepper is quick to cook and this preparation which i call masala capsicum is a popular potluck favorite. Potato can also be used in this curry .
Onion - 1/2 cup ,grated
Tomato - 1 cup , pureed
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
Peanuts - 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Jaggery - 1/2 tsp , grated
Oil - 2 tsp
Oil - for deep frying
- Dry roast the sesame and peanut separately and keep aside to cool.
- Grind it together and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep and fry the cubed pepper just for a minute.
- Drain on a paper towel and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Set the heat to medium and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and continue till it turns pink and the oil separates.
- Add the chili,coriander and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the oil separates.
- Add the peppers , jaggery and ground sesame and peanut.
- Add 1/4 water and bring it to boil.
- Add the gram masala and and simmer for a 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice or naan.