Eggplant chutney is a quick recipe . Nice variation to be served with dosa or adai when you don't want to make the coconut chutney.
Eggplant - 2 cups , peeled and choped into 1/2 '' cubes
Whole Red Chili - 2
Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - 1/2 inch piece
Garlic Clove -1 (optional , use in winter but avoid otherwise)
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Turmeric - 1/8 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Heat oil and add the jeera, coriander and chili.
- When the coriander seeds change color , scoop out and set aside to cool.
- Add the turmeric , tamarind , garlic and eggplant to remaining oil.
- Cover and cook till the eggplant is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Grind the coriander , jeera and red chili well when cooled.
- Add the eggplant mixture and salt to the above mixture and pulse 2 -3 times.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with dosa or rice and ghee.