Broccoli is one of the nutritious local vegetable available to us here and i love to cook it with ginger. But since ginger is very hot as per ayurveda if you try this recipe use less ginger in summer . I have heard kale , cabbage , broccoli , cauliflower and brussels sprouts are better eaten cooked than raw because of something found in this family of plants that hinders the proper working of thyroid glands if eaten raw.
Broccoli - 2 cups , cut into florets
Ginger - 1 tbsp sliced thin
Fennel/Sauf seed - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/8 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
lemon juice - 2 tsp
Water - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wide pan and add sauf.
- Add green chili and ginger and mix well.
- Add turmeric and then the florets and mix well.
- Sprinkle water and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with salt .
- Cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from flame and sprinkle lemon juice and serve.
Also sending it to healthy-diet-vegetarian-side-dishes event