Cheela is like a cross between south indian dosa and maharastrian thalipeeth. I like this version of dosa just as much as i love traditional dosa. I learned a tasty rava cheela here from a friend. I added oats , whole wheat to her recipe and result was good served with pickle.I am sending this to wholesome breakfast event at spice your life.since this is a event for kids meal i thought of sneaking in some vegetables too so i used cucumber , carrot and spinach.
Steel Cut Oats - 1/2 cup
Rava - 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour - 1/8 cup
Carrot - 1/4 cup ,chopped
Cucumber - 1 cup , chopped
Spinach - 1/4 cup chopped
Chilli - 2, chopped fine
Onion - 1/2 cup , chopped fine
Coriander Leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1/4 cup
1. Take a blender jar and add cucumber,carrot,spinach and oats blend well.
2. Add little curd at a time if needed to blend.
3. Beat the remaining curd with a whisk and mix in the blended mix.
4. Add rava , wheat flour , onion ,chilli, coriander leaves,cumin seeds.
5. Heat a non stick gridle or pan and add a little oil.
6. Spread a ladleful of mix on the hot griddle like dosa .
7. Drop some oil in the center and around the dosa .
8. Cook on both sides and serve with picke.