Smithfield Deli Thin Oven Roasted Turkey - 1 tub
White / Whole Wheat Bread Slices - 8 slices
Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
Cliantro Leaves - 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
Lime Juice - 1tbsp
Tomato - 2, sliced thinly
Red Onion - 1/2 sliced thinly
Jalapeno Pepper - 1 , deseeded if your family does not like hot
1. Grind mint,cilantro ,cumin,lime juice,salt,jalapeno pepper, a slice of tomato in a food processor or blender or mortal and pestal.
(this freezes very well so extra can be made)
2. Brush olive oil on one side of each bread slice and toast the oiled side in a frying pan.
3. Spread a thin layer of mint - cilantro pesto on the non toasted side of each bread slice.
4. Place few slices of roasted turkey pesto side of a slice of bread .
5. Place 2-3 tomato slice, on turkey , then few onion slices on tomato.
6. Place another slice of bread on it with pesto side down.
Serve with any kind of lentil or chickpea salad.